Recipe: Mello Jello Melons
The most adorable jello shots you’ve ever seen. These skip the booze; they’re tincture infused!
Fun fact: If you choose a strawberry-flavored gelatin, the “melon” portion will be red. If you choose a watermelon-flavored gelatin, it will be pink. Both look pretty (and impressive)!
Recipe: Mello Jello Melons Makes 12
What you’ll need:
- 6 medium limes
- 1 box (3 oz) of strawberry or watermelon flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 60mg cannabis infused tincture*
- Black sesame seeds (optional), for garnish
- A muffin tin
- A sharp, serrated knife
*See instructions below for details on dosing.
What to do:
- Cut limes in half lengthwise (pole to pole) and juice them. We recommend a reamer if you have one. The juice isn’t needed here, so reserve all that limey goodness for another recipe, like our Medicated Mojito Mint Popsicles, perhaps? (You can also freeze it in ice cube trays for a future creation!)
- Carefully turn the limes inside out to pull out the membrane that connects the flesh to the rind. If the lime is not cleaned out all the way, the pith (white part) will be visible under the gelatin. Be careful not to break through the lime skin! Alternatively, try using a grapefruit spoon to help lift out the flesh under the membrane near the ends.
- Nestle each lime half -cut side up- into the cups of a muffin pan. (This prevents them from spilling over when filled).
- To make the gelatin filling: Bring 1 c. water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Whisk gelatin into boiling water until dissolved. Next, stir in 1 c. cold water.
- Carefully pour the gelatin mixture into lime halves up to the very top so they are almost overflowing.
- Add your desired amount of cannabis tincture to each filled lime half. Curaleaf tinctures contain approximately .5 mg of THC per drop. We recommend starting with a dose of 5mg (10 drops) per serving. That’s around 20 drops of Curaleaf tincture per lime half, since you’re going to be quartering them once they’ve set. Stir your drops gently with a toothpick to evenly distribute the tincture.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours. #havepatience
- When the gelatin is firm, cut each lime in half straight down lengthwise with a sharp, non-serrated knife. It is best to cut straight down- avoid a sawing motion so your slice stays smooth. Garnish with 5-10 randomly placed black sesame seeds, if desired.
- Arrange on a pretty platter. Post a pic to instagram and tag us @curaleaf.usa. Serve.
If you try this recipe, let us know how you enjoyed it! Share your pics on instagram, and be sure to tag us at @curaleaf.usa.