Recipe: Lemon Coconut Cannabliss Balls
Looking for a healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth? These lemony, date-sweetened, coconut-covered balls are it! Dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free… check, check and check! Because they’re no-bake, they’re an excellent candidate for your next—or even your first!—infusion.
Makes approximately 38 (1-inch) balls
What you’ll need:
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 c raw almonds
- 1 c shredded unsweetened coconut (+ 1/2 cup for garnishing)
- 2 T canna-coconut oil
- 1 1/2 T lemon zest (+ 1/2 t for garnishing) … about 1 large lemon
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 t ground turmeric
- 1/4 t sea salt
What to do:
- Add all ingredients (except the garnishes) into the bowl of a food processor. Process just until the mixture sticks together when pinched. If it’s too dry, add some water, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup of shredded coconut with the 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest. Set aside.
- Make tablespoon-sized balls (or use a 1-inch diameter cookie scoop) by rolling the mixture between your damp hands to form balls. Next, roll the balls in the shredded coconut and lemon zest until coated.
- Store the balls in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze in an airtight container for up to six months.
Words of wisdom: Start low, go slow.
*Before using a cannabis infusion in a recipe, taste 1/4 t of the infusion with a small bite of food. Assess how you’re feeling after an hour and adjust the potency as needed. Remember: Infusing a whole dish requires careful planning... and mindful math!
Always label your edibles: “Contains cannabis, 21+” – Keep out of the reach of children.