Recipe: Jammin’ Cannabis Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Fancy cheese, bacon and jam, sandwiched between rich, cannabuttered bread… it’s a next-level version of the classic grilled cheese. Experiment with different cheeses and jams until you find your favorite combo. Vegetarians can skip the bacon; it’ll still be delicious!
This recipe makes 4 sandwiches.
What you need:
- 1 loaf of fresh unsliced white bread
- 8 strips of bacon, cooked crisp and broken into pieces (optional)
- 6 oz soft cheese, like brie, camembert or goat cheese
- 4 T of store-bought jam, like apricot, onion or hot pepper
- 4 T cannabis-infused butter, softened
What to do:
- Using a serrated knife, slice your bread into 8 thick slices and slather each of them evenly with ½ T of cannabutter. Place 4 slices butter-side-down on a cutting board.
- Top each slice with enough cheese to cover it, keeping ½ inch away from the edge to prevent cheese from melting all over your pan. Add some of the crumbled bacon and 1 tablespoon of jam. Top each assembled slice with the remaining bread, butter-side-up.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, cook the sandwiches (two at a time) until the bread is golden brown. Press them gently with a spatula to meld all the ingredients between that gooey melted cheese. Flip, and brown the other side. Cut each sandwich in half and serve hot.
Words of wisdom: Start low, go slow!
*Before putting cannabutter to use in a recipe, taste 1⁄4 t of the infusion with a small bite. Wait an hour to let your body digest, then assess how you’re feeling to determine if the potency is to your preference. While this will provide you with a nice baseline for your recipe, you’ll want to be mindful of your math. Infusing 4 whole sandwiches requires careful planning!
*Always remember to label your creations: “Contains Cannabis, 21+!”
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.