Infused Fudgy brownies and cannabuttery chocolate chip cookies, united in one dreamy bar! The combo of these two classics is sure to become your new favorite dessert; all those steps are worth the effort. Enjoy as is or serve warm with ice cream for a next-level experience.
Makes 24 bars
What you’ll need:
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
For the Brownie Batter
What to do:
Preheat the oven to 340°F. Grease a 9 X 13-inch pan and line it with parchment paper (a quarter sheet pan or cake pan is fine.)
Make the Cookie Dough
1. Melt the butters in a medium microwave-safe bowl until melted. *Cover your bowl with wax paper or a small plate and heat in short increments to prevent splatter.
2. Stir in granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Continue to stir until no brown sugar lumps remain. Stir in the egg and mix well.
3. Whisk flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Stir dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Mix until combined and stir in chocolate chips.
4. Scoop balls of cookie dough (each about 2 T in size) into the prepared pan using a spoon or small cookie scoop. You should have about 19 randomly placed balls in the pan.
Make the Brownie Batter
1. Melt the butters in the medium microwave-safe bowl you used for the cookie dough, about 1 minute.
2. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar and cocoa and stir together until the mixture looks like very wet sand. 3. Stir in the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
4. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in the bowl you used for the cookie dough dry ingredients.
5. Stir dry ingredients into the butter-cocoa mixture. Mix until no flour remains.
Bake your Brookies!
1. Transfer the brownie batter into the spaces between the cookie dough balls using a cookie scoop or a spoon. With the back of a spoon or your hands, press the dough and batter together.
2. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, until the top is beginning to firm and feels set with a little jiggle. Check periodically so you don’t overbake these! Take note: the bars will continue to bake as they cool.
3. Remove your brookies from the oven and place on a rack to finish cooling. Once cooled, cut into 24 squares and serve. The bars are much easier to cut when completely cooled… but they are irresistibly gooey when warm (and even better with ice cream)!
Words of wisdom: Start low, go slow.
*Before using a cannabis infusion in a recipe, taste 1/4 t of the infusion with a small bite of food. Assess how you’re feeling after an hour and adjust the potency as needed. Remember: Infusing a whole dish requires careful planning… and mindful math!
Always label your edibles: “Contains cannabis, 21+” – Keep out of the reach of children.
Don't forget to show us your cannakitchen creations on instagram; we're @curaleaf.usa. See you there!