Recipe: Honeydew, Cucumber and Blackberry Salad with Spicy Cannabis Dressing
A total showcase to the tastes of summer! This refreshing salad riffs on the more classic watermelon and feta salad you’ve likely seen on pinterest or at your favorite fancy dinner spot. Honeydew melon is sweet and mellow- a great balance to the punched-up and kicky jalapeño dressing. The cucumber adds crunch; the blackberries add a wonderful color contrast to the melon. This recipe can be elevated with cannabis-infused olive oil.
A note on the dressing…. Remember that some jalapeños are mild and some are not! The dressing will get hotter the longer the peppers sit in it, and the heat index may continue to rise as it sits. Be mindful of your spice-tolerance!
Recipe: Honeydew, Cucumber and Blackberry Salad with Spicy Cannabis Dressing Serves 4
What you’ll need:
- Zest of one lime
- ¼ cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 Tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sliced scallions (about 2 large), white and green parts
- 2 Tablespoons cannabis-infused olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or ¼ teaspoon table salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 head Little Gem, Bibb, Butter or Green Leaf lettuce, leaves torn in thirds, washed and well-dried
- 1 small ripe honeydew melon (3-4 pounds), chilled and coarsely cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1 English cucumber, cut into chunks
- ½ cup loosely packed, torn fresh mint leaves + more for garnish
- 1 pint of blackberries
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
What to do:
- Roll the 2 limes back and forth on a hard surface with a little pressure, then cut the limes in half crosswise. Squeeze the juice from the two limes into a glass liquid measuring cup. You should have ¼ cup.
- Add the lime zest, honey or agave, the jalapeño slices, the cannabis-infused oil, salt and pepper. Stir and set the cup aside to let the jalapeños meld into the dressing for at least 20 minutes.
- On a large serving platter or in a shallow salad bowl, arrange the lettuce leaves so they cover the surface. Arrange the melon, toss on the mint (save a little to garnish), layer on the cucumber and berries.
- Remove the jalapeños from the dressing, and reserve them. Pour the dressing on the salad, and add the feta and mint garnish. Enjoy a taste-test, and add kosher salt and black pepper, if needed. Place the reserved jalapeños around the edges (they can be removed if they are too hot).
Serve immediately, relishing every summary, infused bite!
Enjoy this recipe? Be sure to follow us on instagram @curaleaf.usa for more tasty (& medicated) inspirations.