Recipe: Canna-Crispie Pretzel Bars
Makes approximately 18 treats.
This is the nostalgic no-bake childhood favorite treat, jazzed up with crunchy pretzels—and cannabutter!—for that salty-sweet goodness we crave. Cut these infused treats into triangles and pipe on some decorative chocolate ganache to make your crispies into adorable Canna-Christmas trees. Fa la la la la!
What you’ll need:
- 3 T salted butter
- 3 T cannabutter
- 1 (10-oz) bag marshmallows
- 4 c toasted rice cereal
- 2 c coarsely crushed Butter Snap Flavored Pretzels + more whole pretzels for the trunks
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling
- 3/4 c chocolate ganache or frosting
- Optional: Sugar pearls or sprinkles for garnish
What to do:
- Line a 9 x 13 rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper, with an inch of overhang on sides. Give it a light coating of cooking spray or butter.
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, melt your salted butter and your cannabutter. Add the marshmallows and stir until they’re completely melted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and slowly mix the cereal and pretzel pieces, incorporating them evenly throughout the marshmallow butter mixture. Quickly spread the combined ingredients into your prepared pan using a buttered spatula.
- Cool in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Using the excess parchment paper like handles, remove the crispies from the pan and onto a cutting board.
- For the tree shape: Cut the crispies down the center lengthwise so you have two large rectangles. Score the long side of the rectangle every 3 ¼ inches and then divide into triangles. Do the same to the other rectangle. You will end up with 14 solid triangles and 4 small triangles. (Save those for the cook!)
- Fill a durable Ziploc bag with your chocolate ganache or frosting, and snip off one corner. Gently squeeze the chocolate out in a zig zag formation, creating swags down the tree. Garnish with sugar pearls or sprinkles, if desired.
Words of wisdom: Start low, go slow.
*Before using a cannabis infusion in a recipe, taste ¼ t of the infusion with a small bite of food. Assess how you’re feeling after an hour and adjust the potency as needed. Remember: Infusing a whole dish requires careful planning... and mindful math!
Always label your edibles: “Contains cannabis, 21+” – Keep out of the reach of children.