🎶 You’re my popsicle… All I know is that you make me feel so fancy free…🎶
Anyone else remember that tune? If you were a big New Kids on the Block fan, you’ll recognize it from their 1986 debut album. If not, no surprise… it wasn’t one of their hits. These popsicles, however, are definitely something to sing about!
They’re a stick-licking version of everyone’s favorite fizzy drink, and a perfect treat to beat the summer heat. And when medicated with a cannabis tincture… fancy free you’ll be.
If you can find a silicone popsicle mold that lays flat like we used here (available on Amazon), you can lay small cannabis fan leaves into the mold. They will naturally float up to the surface, but act as a fun garnish (and will let your friends know that they are infused)! If you don’t have fan leaves at the ready, you can arrange torn mint leaves in five-point configuration. 🙂
Recipe: Medicated Mojito Popsicles
Makes 8 popsicles
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup lime juice (about 5-6 limes)
- 40 mg cannabis infused tincture*
- 5 Tablespoons club soda
- Small fan leaves (optional)
What to do:
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and let boil until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in the mint leaves. Cool until the mixture reaches room temperature.
- Strain the mint leaves into a large measuring glass with a spout. Discard the mint.
- Stir in the lime juice and club soda.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds ¾ of the way to the top. If you are using a mold that lays flat, lay those optional fan leaves (if using) across the surface. They will float up so just adjust them a bit and add more popsicle syrup or club soda.
- Add your desired amount of cannabis tincture to each filled popsicle mold. Curaleaf tinctures contain approximately .5 mg of THC per drop. We recommend starting with a dose of 5mg. (That’s around 10 drops of Curaleaf tincture per pop.)
- Place the molds in the freezer for 4+ hours. (Overnight is even better!)
If you try this recipe, let us know how you enjoyed it!
Share your pics on instagram, and be sure to tag us at @curaleaf.usa.